The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) was launched by the Govt. of India on 29th July 2020 for holistic transformation of the education system, to align with the aspirational goals of 21st century education, with the ethos of India’s traditions and value systems to achive Sustainable Development Goals, It lays particular emphasis on the development of the creative and skilled potential of each individual said Prof. Chakradhar Tripathi, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Central University of Odisha in a joint Press Conference jointly organized by all the educational institutions of Koraput under the Ministry of Education i.e. Central University of Odisha, Koraput; Kendriya Vidyalaya, Koraput; Kendriya Vidyalaya, NAD, Sunabeda; and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Koraput on 19 July 2023 held at the University campus. On the occasion of the 3rd Anniversary of NEP 2020 and 2nd Akhil Bhartiya Shiksha Samagam on 29.07.23 and 30.07.23 which will be inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India at New Delhi will be organised by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India is organising.
The Press Conference was attended by Shri Arabinda Biswal, Principal, KV Koraput; Mrs. Anindita Chatterjee, Principal, KV Sunabeda, Mrs. Milani Mittra, Principal JNV Koraput. The programme was coordinated by the Convenor of NEP Implementation Committee of CUO, Prof. S. K. Palita and Vote of Thanks was given by Spokesperson and PRO, Dr. Phagunath Bhoi.
- All academic programmes of CUO are Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and now re-designing into Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF).
- As mandated CUO discontinued M.Phil. wef 2022 academic session and from 2023-24 has started three nos. of 4yr B.Sc. programmes with Entry/ Exit options as mandated in NEP.
- National Credit Framework and Academic Bank of Credit: CUO supports Credit Transfer among institutions and has joined the Academic Bank of Credits (ABC). Our students have created their ABC IDs,
- CUO encourages its students to register for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) up to 40% credit of their prescribed syllabus.
- CUO has technology-enabled classrooms and making all-out efforts to facilitate access for Disadvantaged Groups in the University campus. CUO is providing the facility of Divyang Friendly Education Software.
- A Language Laboratory has been established in the Campus. While research on languages is going on, importance is given to Indian Knowledge Systems, Languages, Culture, Patriotism and Values. Translation work on Odia Literature into English and Hindi Language is in the process.
- CUO has decided to create Content in Regional Languages and efforts are underway for publishing text materials on KUWI language (a tribal language spoken in Koraput, Odisha).
- Language Labs have been established that patronise and promote the mother tongue, Odia, Hindi with a special focus on Indian languages.
- UGC, New Delhi has sanctioned ‘Bhima Bhoi Chair’ to be set up at CUO to encourage higher studies and research on the humanitarian philosophy of the great saint of Mahima Dharma. Rajiv Gandhi Chair on Tribal Studies is working on R&D activities on tribals and their rich traditional knowledge.
- The Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV), Koraput and KendriyaVidyalayas at Koraput have done tremendous progress in the implementation of NEP 2020.
- Smart Classroom in all schools.
- Language Labs have been established at JNV, KV Koraput and KV Sunabeda which patronise and promote the mother tongue, Odia, and Hindi with a special focus on Indian languages. Three of the schools have also initiated the use of digital technology to enhance the teaching-learning experience and Learner centric classroom transactions emphasizing activity-based learning, and experimental learning.
- Regular conduct of Creative and Critical Thinking Tests and promoting students participation in National level activities like the National Children’s Science Congress by JNV. Participation in National level sports events by both the KVs.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Koraput and Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sunabeda have initiated new and innovative programmes like Balvatika, Vidya Pravesh and Foundational Literacy and Numeracy for small children.
- KV Koraput & KV Sunabeda has adopted Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence as additional Subjects.
- ATAL Tinkering Lab functioning at KV Sunabeda
- To develop a sense of love and care for books and in turn to save paper and save the environment KV, Koraput has initiated Pustakopahar activity. It has also started a weekly one-hour film show on child-centred films and Radio KVK to podcast the hidden talents of young students.
- Millet Project of KV Koraput get appreciation from the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
Over all the CUO and other Centrally funded educational institutions of Koraput have been doing their best to implement NEP 2020 in the best possible manner. The CUO will join the 3rd Anniversary of NEP 2020 and Akhil Bharatiya Siksha Sanngam at New Delhi.