Live your Dream
“A Good Education is a Foundation for a Better Future” Elizabeth Warren
The availability of high-quality education is crucial for individual growth, but it also contributes to the development of society as a whole and creates a better future. In today’s generation, where technological breakthrough is a major phenomenon, world-class quality education is the main focus of the top leading educational institutes, which can give holistic learning to the students that helps them gain advanced skills of the 21st century to disrupt the competition.
And Dayananda Sagar University (DSU), a leading university in India, is assisting students with academic excellence, and had made giant strides in creating a unique space for innovative learning on par with global standards.
The institute not only focuses on spreading knowledge but also wants to be the Center of Excellence in education, innovation and entrepreneurship, research, and training.
Dr. KN Balasubramanya Murthy, the Vice-Chancellor of the University, highlighted the institute’s strategies, future vision, and missions.
The Blooming Seeds
Dayananda Sagar Institutions (DSI) was founded in the 60s and is the brainchild of a visionary person, the late Sri Dayananda Sagar. He was committed to spreading knowledge to each person in the country and wanted to transform today’s generation into responsible citizens and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Keeping these foundations in mind, the university commenced in 2014 as a state private university with the approval of the Government of Karnataka. Today, it’s one of the top buoyant centres of transformative education, technological breakthrough, and multidisciplinary research and is providing a rich experiential learning environment with its state-of-the-art infrastructure and well qualified, multifaceted faculties for the holistic development of emerging talents in various disciplines such as Engineering, Medicine, Commerce & Management, Law, Nursing, Design & Digital Transmedia, Mass Communication, and Journalism, Basic, Allied, and Health Sciences.
DSU has students from different states of India, creating a truly vibrant and enriching campus life where each student feels welcomed and valued irrespective of their culture, region, race, or language. While stating detailed information about the institute’s initiative towards creating truly vibrant and global campus life, VC highlights, “We have institutional tie-ups with a few foreign universities in the process of establishing more. The relationship with universities is at different levels of maturity as we progress along with work out twining programs and mutual acceptance of credits”
DSU has come a long way in short period and accomplished many recognitions under the guidance of Dr. KNB Murthy, the institute has been achieved massive fame and also brought many changes in the education pattern of the institute, to have his detailed sights read ahead.
An Intellectual Enthusiast
The university has steadily advanced on the path of improving educational quality under the collective leadership of Chancellor Dr. D. Hemachandra Sagar, Pro-Chancellor Dr. D. Premchandra Sagar, and Vice-Chancellor Prof. KNB Murthy. Hon’ble VC sir along with Dr. C. Puttamadappa, the Registrar, the Deans, and several HODs, establishes the direction and roadmap for the university’s future.
With a strong background in both academia and business Dr. KNB Murthy, under the guidance of Dr. Premachandra Sagar – Pro-Chancellor, has also brought about progressive improvements through his original and creative thinking, which have helped to close the gap between business and education.
Code of Ethics
As it is always said that there is always someone’s strong vision that drives them towards success, DSU has set a certain vision, mission, and core values, which drive it towards great achievements.
Having said that, VC shared the valuable vision and postulated, “Our vision is to be a center of excellence in education, research, training, innovation and entrepreneurship and to produce citizens with exceptional leadership qualities to serve for national and global needs”.
Although, he also shares the mission of the institute, and states, “Our mission is to achieve our objectives in an environment that enhances creativity, innovation, and scholarly pursuits while adhering to our vision.”
Sliding down the core values of the institute, Vice Chancellor, DSU highlights
The Pursuit of Excellence – A commitment to striving continuously to improve ourselves and our systems with the aim of becoming the best in our field
Fairness – A commitment to objectivity and impartiality to earn the trust and respect of society.
Leadership – A commitment to lead responsively and creatively in educational and research processes
Integrity and Transparency – A commitment to be ethical, sincere, and transparent in all activities and to treat all individuals with dignity and respect.
The code of ethics helps the institute work hard to achieve its goals. Similarly, apart from the code of ethics, there are many other approaches that the institute has adopted to sustain and enhance holistic learning in a global scenario.
Some Initiatives by DSU towards creating a truly innovative-campus for imparting globally relevant skills of 21st Century
- It’s a young, proactive, and progressive university that has introduced an engaging and innovative curriculum for imparting industry-aligned competencies
- Pedagogical drive: Developing the student’s independent thinking, decision-making capability, and research aptitude through many pedagogical tools like case studies, presentations, internships, research projects, industrial visits, and guest lecturers from a pool of industry experts.
- Intelligence- based assessments and connecting concepts across domains for giving the multidisciplinary and holistic learning experience to the world’s best minds.
- A technology-driven campus equipped with all the modern state-of-the-art infrastructure, creating a conducive environment for progressive experiential learning and futuristic growth.
- Creating opportunities beyond classrooms: DSU has on campus world class sports facilities creating a joyful learning environment for students. Apart from this the students has opportunities to explore diverse and exciting club activities beyond the academics, the unexplored sector for selfdiscovery
- Student’s mentorship and coaching programmes: Helping students get connected with the mentor of their choice to develop new skills, expand their networks, and boost confidence.
- Industry preparedness program: Assisting and preparing students right from the 1st semester to keep them abreast of recent industry trends for their implacable placements in top MNC’s worldwide during the last semester.
- Value-added skill courses from international universities: The University emphasizes imparting globally relevant skills such as communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity. In addition, skills such as cross-cultural competency, social intelligence, negotiation, and influencing are also imparted to succeed in the current globalized world.
- Opportunities for impeccable placements: Being an esteemed institute, there are various opportunities for students to experiment and learn different things while progressing in their semesters. A case in point is the ability to obtain a major and minor degree within the same duration, with some extra effort from students. Besides these opportunities, VC admits that “A passionate student will hardly feel the efforts of incubations with right participation. The students and faculty have been considered as a part of academic schedules when it comes to transforming ideas into companies.” He further stated, “Apart from the traditional placement cell, where training and skill development for students are available, we have innovative tie-ups encouraged by industries (e.g., IBM, GE Health care, VMWare etc.) to set up laboratories.” DSU not only provides the training programs but also leverages the project and research-based learning system.
- Entrepreneurship opportunities: The on Campus Dayananda Sagar Entrepreneurship Research & Business Incubator (DERBI) Foundation is a technology business incubator aiming to incubate technology ventures and translate ideas into opportunities. More than 100 start-ups have been supported with 22 investments and 80 plus partners, creating hundreds of jobs. The Department of Science and Technology also recognizes this, and a few flagship programs for pre- incubation (PACE), incubation (GALLOP) and acceleration (EMERGE) program are available on DSU, Campus.
- Collaboration with reputed domestic and international institutions: DSU understands that practices and academic initiatives are crucial in making any academic institute, and as a differentiator, they are creating its brand, identity, place, growth, innovation, and adapting the changes to sustain the international student’s learning.
- As a thrust area to excel in international student’s learning, DSU has used options under the New Education Policy and the flexibility offered by private university, signed MoUs with chosen partners, and started working towards the same. The institute has introduced student study and exchange programs, research collaboration, and options to do internships, and projects.
- For international students’ learning, DSU has many initiatives. In order to make the learning impactful, they should have a comfortable learning system. DSU is also providing administrative support, worldclass infrastructure, programs, boarding and lodging, safety, and local transportation and other necessary assistance to the visiting students for their ease of transition into a foreign culture and environment.
DSU Initiative towards Creating Global Learning Environment:
- Enrichment Program: While divulging about the learning programs of the institute, VC also introduced the extracurricular activities to enhance the student’s engagement and says, “DSU encourages cultural day and festival celebrations of a specific state and country. Dance, singing, and arts-related competitions and events are organized by establishing a connection to the field of study to prove that we are studying and living in a connected world.”
- Innovative and Collaborative Approach The institute adopts innovative pedagogy to promote learning, make it more fruitful for students, and encourage student engagement. It starts with their teaching methods, where problem-solving activities are given to students providing opportunities to think differently and work independently. Also, accommodating and accepting multiple perspectives and diverse opinions; creates an element of curiosity and searching for answers collaboratively, especially for some open-ended questions. After talking about the collaborative and innovative approaches, V.C., highlights “International Students Learning Needs are captured, and training delivery will be customised by understanding competency in English and learning ability. Credit transfer will also be given for prerecognised online courses undergone by the students from MOOCS, which caters to diverse requirements”.
- Administrative Modifications International Student Support Centre will provide all administrative support, including documentation, stay, boarding, lodging, transportation, food and cuisine, cross-cultural training, grievance mitigation, and travel related support.
- Cross-Cultural Exchange Programs DSU has introduced Student Formal Education Programs and Student Exchange Programs. Also, it provides cross-cultural training programs along with Dos and Don’ts. After sharing DSU’s formal programs for the students, VC states, “All the academic programmes offered at the Dayananda Sagar University are curated on the concept of GLOCAL, where the student is groomed in a global demography.”
- Leveraging Project and ResearchBased Study The institute offers postgraduate programs in a different mode to assist research-based study. The services of the international faculty are utilized to offer a few online courses as well as project and research internships. The inter-national partnerships are utilized to provide research internships and exposure to global work cultures. Recently the School of Commerce & Management Studies (SCMS) at DSU has collaborated with Whitireia & WelTec, New Zealand, which is a top global institute having a long and illustrious history in the area of education. It will create new learning ways for the DSU, students to experience global best practices in the real world and gain specific expertise for their progressive careers.
The Bangalore Advantage – Exploring Bangalore at its Finest
Quality education, extensive global exposure and holistic development are the aspects that matter the most to any students worldwide seeking academic excellence. In that view, to offer students coming to DSU from different parts of country and world a holistic experience of magnificent city Bangalore, and take advantage of everything that the city has to offer, university has launched the Bangalore Advantage Program.
The Bangalore Advantage Program is curated with respect to the growing needs of the students striving for academic excellence and holistic learning for their careers.
Continuing its pursuance of excellence, through all these activities the university has received outstanding accolades and recognition for different parameters, which have been listed down.
- DSU awarded as “Leading & Most Innovative University 2023” by Big FM Impact Awards for making significant impact in the academic field with its innovative pedagogy & curriculum.
- DSU has ranked number 1 by Times of India in its 2022 for Emerging Engineering Institute, Emerging Engineering Institute for Placement and Research capabilities
- It is Nationally Ranked as the 10 amongst the 100 Private Universities as per IIRF 2022, apart from 4th rank in the State and South zone.
- Ranked Best Emerging B-school for the year 2021
Learning at DSU is not about a degree, it’s all about life-long success and fulfillment in whatever path the student chooses.